- Clip-Filter for Sony Alpha
The new Clip-Filter for Sony Alpha 7, 7r and 7s are finaly ready!
- Clip-Filter for Canon EOS M
The new Clip-Filters for the Canon EOS M series are available now.
- Moon phase calendar for 2017
The Astronomik calendar of the Lunar phases in 2017 is ready.
- International Astronomy Show UK/GB 2016
We will participate at the IAS 2016 at Stoneleigh Park (UK/GB)
- Another APOD with Astronomik filters
Michael Sidonio took an amazing image of IC 4628 selected as the APOD of julyy 4th
- Review of Astronomik Filters in ATT
Astronomy Technology Today has published a review of our Typ 2x L-RGB and the 12nm emission line filters
Filters for visual observation
Astronomik filters deliver the ultimate in image contrast and are extremely durable. Our Quality Statement is quite simple: we make the best filters for astronomy!
- Overview: Which filter for which application?
Astronomik filters are a valuable complement to your telescope optical equipment train. They are used worldwide by professionals and advanced amateurs because of their superior quality and ourguarantee: Astronomik filters are correctly optimized for naked eye visual observation, each object will be viewed with maximum contrast through your eyepiece. The transmission curves of the filters are designed so that you gain maximum contrast and brightness while retaining the subtlest gradations in each object. Astronomik filter transmission curves are optimized for telescopes with an aperture ratio of f/4 to f/15. (more...)
Our selection of filters is so extensive that we have the correct filter for almost every instrument and every observing situation. Whether you are using a small instrument or a huge Dobsonian, whether under the lightpolluted skies of a sprawling metropolitan area, or are viewing from atop high mountains, Astronomik has the filter that will provide you the best possible visual image. Period.
Quality Characteristics of Astronomik filters:
- Superior Substrate: Astronomik filters consist of a precision polished substrate on which the actual filter, in the form of very thin (dichroic) interference layers, is applied. Because of these high quality measures Astronomik filters will in no way reduce the performance of your optical system. And contrary to common experience with other manufacturers´ filters, with Astronomik filters stars remain fine needle points of light!
- Coating: Astronomik filters consist of up to 130 layers deposited on top of the completely transparent carrier glass. These layers work as the actual filter and as an antireflective coating.
- Durability: Astronomik filters are completely scratch resistant, and not sensitive to moisture, dew, or high humidity. With others’ filters, after a few years, you start to notice their filter is no longer up to its full capability. Not so with Astronomik filters which maintain their ‘brand new’ transmission specifications year after year.
And, because of Astronomik’s extraordinarily resistant coating technology, our filters come with a 10year warranty.
The difference between Visual and Photographic CCD Series Filters:
The human eye is not sensitive in the infrared range as are CCD imagers and photographic film. For this reason, our Visual Filters do not have integrated IR Blocking. (more...)
Astronomik filters are highquality accessories for visual observing which will significantly expand your observing opportunities. After many years of use your Astronomik filters will be an accessory which will be ready to give you the same joy you experienced many years earlier when they were new.
Now that’s an investment worth making!
Overviews of available filters:
Visuell dark skies
Webcam/Video (Deep Sky)
Visuell dark skies
Webcam/Video (Deep Sky)
If you touch the symbols with the cursor, more information will be displayed.
++ The filter is excellent for this application, the dramatic better image!
+ The filter is good for this application, the much better image!
o The filter is suitable for this application, the slightly better image!
- The filter is usable for this application.
-- The filter is not suitable for this application.